I met Mr Wright

Ian Wright. What can I say? The man is a sweetheart, a joker and we know him most as being the world's most famous traveler and I get the pleasure of interviewing him when he was in Kuala Lumpur two weeks ago. The 44 year old is indeed the reason why I decided to go through being a journalist. The "Invite Mr. Right" host has quite a lot under his belt as a traveler. He has traveled so many countries it is almost unimaginable that I could have had the pleasure of meeting him.

In Subang Parade/ Selangor. 14.38..I saw the Canon promo which featured Ian and I was getting ready to go in for a casual rendezvous and proceed with the planned interview. Things comes to a twist when my cameraman reveals that he has forgotten to pack the microphone. I had to clutch to the one-tonne (or at least it felt that much) tripod and heavy duty camera whilst my fickle cameraman finds a substitute microphone at the mall.

I waited at the crowded mall with virtually all passers-by by staring at me and I waited for at least one hour. Ian had wrapped up the show and currently is having lunch at Dome's. I managed to talk up a deal with his reps and had a little chat with dear-old Mr Wright before the interview for the cameras.

He said that the show was actually quite big in Asia and he is famous in this part of the world than elsewhere. Then, when I told him that I have been a fan of his since I was 14, he said thank u for reminding him of how old he actually is.

Then before the interview began, he obliged a photo op with the owner of the mall aka a big shot with too much fame and money, he turned around, looked at me and said 'i wont be long'. Damn, i wish i knew how to react better to comments which he spontaneously throws out at me.

When I asked Ian Wright what is the best travel tip that one can receive from a noted traveler like himself, he said "Go ahead and buy a ticket without thinking too much about it. Plan the trip later." The funny thing is, I did exactly that the week before. I didnt tell Ian Wright that I impulsively bought a ticket to Paris for 2011 just because I wanted to travel. Hmmm.
I was with Ian Wright at Sunway Pyramid!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bustling in Bangkok

Next Stop : Nürnberg!