Bustling in Bangkok


Having travelled all over the world, I'm embarrassed to admit that I have not had the chance to visit my own neighbour, Thailand until I was 33. Come International Muay Thai Day in Bangkok, I decided to catch the "Muay Thai Live: The Legend Live" show at the Asiatique Bangkok arena in early 2019. I was left speechless at how these incredibly fit fighters managed to execute every move without fail. Lots of somersaults, fight simulation and high jumps were incorporated in the theatrics of the performance. No one was allowed to film inside the auditorium so I am not able to give you a preview on what the show was all about. Basically it is like a musical, except instead of singing and dancing, the performers fight each other. I did stick around for the actual muay thai matches after the show. The competitors were mostly teenagers, defending their provinces. Staying in Lumpinee, I got around with the help of Grab motorbikes- yep, they have Grab (e-hailing service in Southeast Asia) and they drove people around on motorbikes for about 100 bahts or less. Despite it being a short visit, I truly went out of my way to see all the cultural sites in my three day Chinese New Year break!

Watching the inter provincial fights at the Muay Thai Live event at Asiatique Bangkok

Beautiful ferris wheel at the Asiatique arena by the river. 

The Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant promotes safe sex practices and brings awareness on STDs

Yummy watermelon juice on hot day in Thailand

Amazing Pomelo Salad- I had to reorder due to the nut-filled toppings which I can't consume 

These dolls are made out of condoms

Greeted at the door by my rubber friends




My bed at the Airbnb - fully adherent to the Thai theme 


Inside Wat Pho feeling like I've been transported back in time

Stunning skyline on the Radisson Blu rooftop bar

Perfect cuppa from the trendy cafe downtown called Cafe Neighbor

Chilling with the giant reclining golden Buddha at Wat Pho

Mall at Sukhumvit, Terminal 21

Couldn't resist getting these majestic multi colored boxing gloves from the Muay Thai gift shop


Riding around Bangkok, weaving through traffic and fully trusting my driver lol





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wien im Winter