I really miss hiking! Hiking is a form of meditation for me, escaping the noise of society into a calm natural setting. With every step I take, I rejoice in the beauty of the universe's creations. Forest bathing, a term I wasn't aware of until I began my hike routines, is a process that heals the body. I stand by this concept as there were many times I would feel chaotic or low on energy and would find instant relief with a short hiking trip. Beautiful moss in the forest Leaves in autumn make for crunchier footsteps Always love reaching the apex, proof of a good day's workout I've always found fogs the most gorgeous/mysterious of all of the universe's creation Seeing farm animals intrigues me as a city girl Magnolia trees in spring create an awesome backdrop in the middle of town
Burger King in Nuremberg! Day Three of Road Trip: We fetched our would-be host from München to our next pitstop ---Nuremberg. I could see the synonymous word for this town originating from its dark history. The Nazi trials, museums and historical artifacts remains attached to this amazing castle-filled city. We headed to the stadium where former Nazi parades in its glory days took place. I even had the chance to stand at the same podium which Adolf used as his speech platform to embed his nasty propaganda to his audience. (goosebumps all over!) We then made our way to a coliseum-looking building which was an unfinished Hitler-project. The ruins remained in good condition but to our unfortunate timing, the Document museum was shut under renovation period. We then set foot on the Burger King which was built at an important city council building during the times of the American intervention (I call it intervention coz ppl here were obviously smoking something they shouldn't, wha...
As I was searching for a place to have a big breakfast, I stumbled upon a Malay-style restaurant inside KLCC called Aseana. As I browsed through the menu, there were various traditional delicacies listed including Nasi Lemak, Curry Puff and other nice choices for the Malaysian at heart. I decided to try my luck on the Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Spicy Thai Sauce. Rest assured. It was spicy to the core. The combination of the rolls, or as we Malaysians so lovingly call it "popiya" is a rolled-up hard crispy thin dough with the stuffing of bean-sprouts, chili and potatoes. The Thai sauce was magnificent and cuts the rolls to a stinging after-taste. Unless you aren't a bravado, do not attempt to try this dish! As far as I am concerned, it was superb. I managed to gulp down only three of the six rolls. They were quite filling. Try Aseana in KLCC Ground Floor for this lovely serving of chili extravaganza!
Comments
Post a Comment