Gruezi Schweitz!

Vapiano's in Zurich
Yummy chocolate drink
Eclair!!! (at Spruengli)
Feeling contented with the way everything went!
Amazing chocolate ice cream cake at the Rhinefall Cafe
In Zurich's famous Spruengli
The unmistakably stunning Rhinefall
We crossed the border to Switzerland, clutching my passport in one hand, we had a smooth ride despite  the terrible snowfall on the Autobahn.

Excited about seeing my companion's parents and also the chance to rest my ill-fated knee and a new peripheral pain to my right foot due to shift of body weight on the 'normal leg' to avoid pressure on the initial pain in the left knee.

Long story short, I was in no condition to hike up Neuschwanstein, which was our supposed next-on-the-itinerary.

Racing on the motorway, we had to slow down when we entered Swiss roads as penalty fines for speeding may be very well daylight robbery. My companion's mother once settled a fine for 200 euros for an extra 8kmh over the speed limit.

We reached Frauenfeld, a tiny village-town with oh-so-much European charm. I met the parents of my companion plus family dog,during an agonizing physical condition. However, I was welcomed with open arms as Anne and Kai (and pet dog Larry) made me feel at home.

Their beautiful house looks like a something that only a Dubai millionaire would invest in. The bathrooms surpassed those of five star hotels' and service was definitely first class.

The perfect family with the perfect attitude towards people and life. I have absolutely zero complaints and I felt this incredibly warm feeling of familial love and compassion, something that I fail to receive while growing up.

Kai is a German doctor who now resides in the Thurgau Canton in Switzerland and he practices in his own clinic. Many may not notice the shortage of highly skilled workers at the Swiss highlands. However my start in Switzerland was definitely spectacular as Kai drove us in his beautiful BMW all throughout Frauenfeld, Thurgau to another canton where the famous Rhinefall Wasserfall is located.

As we got there, we were greeted with biting cold wind on our cheeks. We settled down at a cafe for the evening as weather conditions failed to provide us a place to stand and watch.

Served with cheesecakes and cappuccinos, we took in the calmness of this majestic region.

As we rode through the countryside on our way home, I gazed on the natural beauty of the hillsides. This powerful nation has somehow balanced its economic icon status together with the preservation of its stunning nature.

The next day, Kai decided to have a look at my ailing knee and foot. He then diagnosed that I have a flat foot and my knee problems were caused by physical stress.

On the weekend, we decided to chill out in this mansion. First, we were in the sauna next and I was told that the heat and steam will be good to fix my joint problems. I have the first proper sauna experience with a built-in sauna in the house! Talk about luxury.

Few days after, we parked at the Hyatt and proceeded to walk towards on of the most famous places in the world, Zurich! The city was breathtakingly beautiful. Its delicate artistry in handicraft stores captures the quaint beauty of this nation. We spent some quiet time inside beautiful restaurants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bustling in Bangkok

Next Stop : Nürnberg!